Our school uniform is as follows:
- Grey or black skirt, pinafore or school trousers
- White shirt, blouse or polo shirt
- Red cardigan, sweatshirt or jumper
- Red and white gingham dress (summer)
- Black shoes
Children should wear comfortable black flat shoes (not trainers). Children must not wear shoes with any type of high heel. If shoes have laces, we ask that parents/carers ensure that children are able to tie and untie them independently.
Hair should be moderately styled, with no extreme colours or shaven etchings. Parents/carers will be asked to rectify any unacceptable hair styling as quickly as possible. Long hair should be tied back neatly in a ponytail or plait. Make up and nail varnish must not be worn.
Our PE uniform is as follows:
- pumps or trainers
- plain black shorts
- white tee-shirt or white polo shirt
- black jogging or tracksuit trousers (in colder weather)
- a red hoody for outdoor sports.
When accessing swimming lessons, kit is as follows:
- either a full swimming, one-piece swimming costume or a pair of swimming trunks (not loose- fitting shorts)
- swimming cap (long hair only)
In the interests of safety, we ask that no jewellery, other than a simple wrist watch and no earrings with the exception of simple ear studs, be worn at school. Children are not permitted to wear smartwatches in school. Jewellery, including earrings, must NOT be worn for PE lessons because of the potential dangers of such items when engaged in physical activity. Earrings should be removed at home on a PE day, or children must be able to remove them independently. Staff are not permitted to remove earrings. Taping of earrings is not permitted.
Where to purchase uniform
Sweatshirts, tee shirts, polo shirts, hoodies and fleeces branded with the school logo can be purchased at Kids Stop, 49 Market Street, Hyde or at www.kids-stop.co.uk
There is no expectation that parents/carers buy any branded items for their child, but we do expect that all uniform is of the colours previously stated.